A long-overdue website redesign. My overall goal is to combine personal academic website (papers, projects, CV, etc) along with a platform for quick blog-like entries (perhaps later adding disqus integration, share buttons etc).
Currently, pull data from figshare for results. Eventually I'd like to automatically pull data from other sources (eg github).
- templated (jinja2) index to pull from results (papers, preprints), themes (overall project categories) and notes (blog-like)
- will add projects (work in progress, github repos, project descriptions) as top-level category soon
- these categories are repeated on top nav
- rotating banner image with some shots from old website
Engine + hosting
- Pelican engine for a static site to generate results, projects, notes from markdown
- hosting on github
- bootstrap, using bootswatch yeti via pelican-bootstrap3
- very light additional css (eg padding elements)